Introduction, Mission Statement, and Motivations..

The mission statement of this blog is to keep a committed and honest account of my time in Graduate school. It is my mission to utilize a humble and ethical approach to interpreting public history, while never losing sight of my goal to inspire others within museum walls. I aim to become an authentic leader through honest relationships with classmates and professors alike.

I find myself equal parts excited and overwhelmed by my first week of Graduate school. It is proving difficult already to blend my style of reading and writing with that of a historian. My background in Anthropology affords me the opportunity to bring a unique perspective to public history, but it also leaves me feeling a little out of the loop. I am sure with a little bit more time I will find my place in class discussions, but for now I am definitely doing more observing than talking. 

This blog will serve as a space for me to talk about my experiences in the Public History program at Temple U, as well as to discuss and respond to our assigned readings in History 8152 - Managing History: An Introduction To Public History. I am very excited to begin our semester-long partnership and project with the Powel House! As a brand-new resident of Philadelphia, I suppose I should find the Powel House before I get too eager. Knowing myself, I'll end up lost my first time trying to get there...

Comments